southern italian life

An American woman's random thoughts on daily life in southern Italy

Monday, June 05, 2006

First Photo


Gabri's self-portrait Posted by Picasa

I'm still figuring out how to make this blog work to its full potential. I want to add photos, links, music . . . Please be patient with me, I'm not very technologically gifted! To say the least. My learning style here is "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again" or "if at first you don't fricasee, fry, fry a hen"! Today has been bad joke day around the house. Danny came home with a whole bunch of 'em - not even worth translating 'cause they were so dumb in Italian, they would be even less entertaining in English. What is it about 8 year olds that drives them to learn jokes? They get so much fun out of it. To the dismay and despair of their long-suffering parents! :)

Then there's whimsical Gabri, who, at 6, wants to do and be everything that his big brother Danny does and is. So, he tries to tell Danny's jokes, but gets them all wrong . . . and is all the cuter for it. IMHO, of course, and I'm not biased or anything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home