southern italian life

An American woman's random thoughts on daily life in southern Italy

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

I have been so busy lately . . . I have a big translation job that I'm doing now. It's really big and I have to finish by June 10 and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it! At least it's interesting: it's a bunch of information sheets on the Maremma area near Siena. I'm learning more than I ever wanted to know about the area! That's the thing I like about translating - you always learn something new. Then you might forget it the next day, but at least your brain was thinking about something different for a while. I think general concepts remain, although I am no good at remembering details!

I also have my job at the university, plus the housework, cooking, running the kids around. Truly there is never a moment of pause. Sometimes I marvel when I think back to the days when I had SO MUCH time on my hands. I used to lie on the bed and stare at the wall and just think . . . and I didn't even feel one little bit guilty about it! WOW, that seems so decadent now. I think motherhood is to blame. One child fills up your day with things to do . . . two even more so. I have noticed that the more you have to do, the more you get done!

I tried to add a picture here, but to no avail. Will have to ask Francesco to help, he's the computer expert. He can do everything with computers . . . if he doesn't know how, he finds out how! I'm very computer illiterate compared to him. Unfortunately, he's busy, busy, busy, too, following the work on our new house. I barely see him an hour at lunch and briefly in the evening . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home