southern italian life

An American woman's random thoughts on daily life in southern Italy

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Ok, it has been a long time since I last posted. We went through some serious problems with the computer not working. First we thought it was a virus, so we debugged. But it still didn't work. Then we thought it was the phone line so we spent 3 or 4 long phone sessions with Teledue trying to figure things out, but still nothing worked. Teledue decided it was the modem so Francesco tried a different modem, but nothing worked. Things went on in this boring and highly annoying way for a long time, until Francesco threatened to cancel our contract with Teledue. Strangely, the very next day everything worked JUST FINE, now isn't that a funny coincidence?!

We have been busy, busy this month what with Easter and all. Between Easter vacation, schools being closed for the national elections, and a long weekend for the 25th . . . the kids have been home for most of the month. They are thrilled . . . I slightly less so! Not that they aren't great guys and fun to have around and all that, BUT I get very little done when they're here. One or the other of them is constantly calling me for something, which distracts me from whatever it is I was trying to do. Then I tend to forget what I was doing and start a new project, which soon gets interrupted . . . and so on, and so on. Meaning = I get nothing done. And I do have a lot of things to do. At the top of my list at the moment are the "cambio di stagione" (a big job) and getting started on a BIG translation that I must do so as to make the money I need for our trip to the States.

I'll stop here, but resolve to write more often (Teledue permitting!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home